TRI/SFI Training Course
If you enjoy passing on knowledge and experience to young pilots this program allows you to provide instruction in multi-pilot aircraft type ratings, LPCs and MCC courses.
The course is conducted using a mix of classroom and Full Flight Simulator (FFS) and takes the candidate through the essential practical exercises of instruction required to qualify for type rating instructor.
Satisfactory completion of the course enables applicants to instruct in multi-pilot aircraft type ratings, LPCs and MCC courses.
This course is available for the following Type Ratings:
- ATR 42/72
- Hold or have held a CPL or ATPL in the appropriate airplane category
- Have completed the proficiency check for the issue of the specific airplane type rating in an FFS representing the applicable type within the 12 months preceding the application
- Have at least 1.500h flight time as a pilot on multi-pilot airplanes
- Have completed as a pilot or as an observer within the 12 months preceding the application, at least 3 route sectors on the flight deck of the applicable type, or 2 line-orientated flight training-based simulator sessions conducted by qualified crew on the flight deck of the applicable type. These simulator sessions shall include 2 flights of at least 2 hours each between 2 different aerodromes and the associated pre-flight planning and debriefing.
- Hold a CPL or ATPL in the appropriate airplane category
- Have completed 1.500h flight time as a pilot on multi-pilot airplanes
- Have completed within the 12 months preceding the date of application, 30 route sectors including take offs and landings as PIC or Co-Pilot on the applicable airplane type, of which 15 sectors may be completed in an FFS representing that type.
Credits of previous experience:
- Applicants holding or having held an Instructor certificate are fully credited of the 25h Teaching and Learning module.
- Applicants for a TRI who hold an SFI certificate for the relevant type are fully credited of the Theoretical Instruction.
- Teaching and Learning – 25h
- Technical Training – 10h
- Supervised Training (applicant acting as TRI) – 2 X 4h
- Right Hand Familiarization – 2h
- Assessment of Competence – 4h