A320 Type Rating course – New date September 17th
Wondering for a Career shift? IFA announces A320 Type Rating course – New date September 17th
Do you already have an airline pilot license, but do not have the qualification on the A320? IFA launches A320 Type Rating Course – New date September 17th.
The latest Airbus study in March this year, advances with some interesting data:
- 8,074 A320 aircraft have already been delivered, of which 7,770 are in service;
- the number of airplanes in the skies will more than double by 2037;
- the A320 models family is market leader in all segments: traditional airlines, low-cost carrier, charters and lessors;
- the A320 is present in the largest operator base, 300 operators;
- as a reference, every 2 seconds takes off or lands an A320.
In the commercial aviation world this is the most used airplane, so according to IFA’s Marketing Manager Luis Giraldes “Never in the past we had an opportunity like now and it still makes more sense to get the Type Rating on the A320. In a open application perspective, there are companies that already accept candidates without the Type Rating, but there is no doubt that those who already have it, have a clear preference to become selected”.
“There are several arguments around the type qualifications, the “minimums” removal by some companies but there is also an essential factor that is competence, certification and proficiency, especially in the application phase, having the Type Rating of the airplane is clearly an advantage”, concludes Mr. Giraldes.
The IFA is the only school in Portugal with Type Ratings on Airbus A320, Boeing 737, Boeing 757, Boeing 767, Boeing 777 (triple seven) and ATR 42/72, the so-called type qualifications, having also extended its competences to Cape Verde, becoming an EASA ATO also in this region.